2012/11/10

The Smallest Stash

How to destash over 30 kilos of yarn to less than five kilos? Move to Australia and have only very small storage space at your folks. I promise, that'll do the trick. =o)
My Finland stash in now 3,7 kilos (and that includes two half knitted jumpers), and my Australia stash is currently 450g and some left overs that are not counted in (and I also did leave some left overs to my Finnish stash). This is by far my smallest stash since I really began to knit in 2005.
Left overs (yellow is from my e-reader pocket, greens from socks I knitted to one Australian solder deployed in Afghanistan, and the two very small balls are from my new shawls), two skeins of Admiral (and the beginning of the socks to my Godson), two skeins of Shepherd 4ply Merino and two skeins and the beginning of the shawl (or actually it is 4/6 of the shawl).
Since last post I've knitted three shawls/scarves and two baby jackets, finished one pair of socks and knitted one altogether (forgot to take a picture), and made a travel pocket to my new e-reader (if I want to read Finnish books, it is a must). Currently I have two project in progress, another shawl and socks for my Godson.
Shawl I: Fall of Leaves from Marks and Kattens Fame Trend, took whole skein.
Shawl II: Autumn Leaf Shawl from Mossley Park's July Sock  Club, left maybe 2-3g left over
Shawl III: Fake Hitchiker from local hand dyed yarn, and this as well took almost whole skein (left over 4-5g)
Althought the colours pool, the over all picture is very nice
Another Ethiopia jacket and a beanie to local charity via church.  Left overs from the Knitting Hag Socks and the Comfort Blankie.
Jacket/wrap for baby, pattern from Drops, knitted in one piece. With the crocheted flower took 100g Shepherd's 4ply Merino. Friend from work "bought" this with charity donation. 
My Knitting Hag socks.
Vernal Equinox Shawl in pattern 4 repeat three, my other WIP.

1 comment:

  1. Hyvää joulua! Edelleen ihmettelen, miten raaskit tehdä varastosi noin pieneksi...

    ReplyDelete