2011/06/06

Pictures, finaly

So, I'm finally allowed to post pictures of the babywear I've been knitting during the spring. The thick ones are already with the new owners, and the rest will go out sometime this or next week.
These are knitted of left over Aino-yarn. It took 100g per jacket. The pattern is from the book Puikoissa (In the Needles) by Anu Harkki, ment for cotton yarn, but worked out quite nicely for wool also. 6mm neeldes.
The socks were the first items I knitted, and at the time the colourscheme wasn't certain just yet. Knitted of Nalle-yarn with 3mm neeldes. Size for 70cm (?). The pattern is traditional.
These are knitted of Koll-Aided Nalle-yarn. The pattern is by Drops. One 150g skein per jacket and some terracotta for finishing. Size for 3-6 months.
The last set of jackets is maybe half done, with Sunnyside, of the Egyptian cotton I got in April from Menita. I've knitted one and half of the second one, but haven't finished the first one so far. The pattern is top down, a new technigue to me, but I like it.

I have only one more granny square to crochet of the first half, so 98 squares done and counting... And I've digged up my cross stitch-project as well, I'm hopeing to finish it soon, so the Granny and Grandpa would get their Christmas present from the 2008 before Chritmas 2011. =o)

Other than that, I've been visiting my parents (and other relatives and friends) in Savonia and Karelia, and oh boy all those memories brought back.
 Maybe I really need to reconsider moving back to Eastern Finlad, or maybe not. As I have a steady job now.

2 comments:

  1. super fun pictures. Thanks so much for sharing ! I've got baby clothes on the brain right now too,so maybe i'll be following up with some of my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white and purple jackets are so sweet.
    And you have a nice blog.

    Take care

    Annika

    ReplyDelete