2011/02/18

Six Down, 46 to Go

I just noticed that I haven't knitted last week's "The Knitter's Year"-project, so after finishing the blanket I decided to make out the Granny squares I mentioned on my last post, I dig out from my left over-basket some gray yarn, Novita Rose Mohair and knitted the Bunny Egg Cosy. It took 5 gramms of yarn, and maybe an hour to finish. I used 3mm DPN's. I'm not completely happy with the ears, but then again, I don't know if I'll ever have use for it.

 Yes, the Granny squares. I had yarn for 16 squares in four colours (it would have been too easy if that would have been 4+4+4+4, instead of 4+4+7+1), and some red yarn to combine. I crocheted the squares together and then made the edges with rest of the yarns. I used 7mm hook and the blanket took 355g (all the Huopanen I had left). Will see to whom I'll give it, as the size is only approx 80x80cm. And if nobody wants it, or hasn't have use for it, maybe I'll fellt it and sew it on a pillowcase or something... 
 This year I've already used almost two kilos of yarn. Hopefully, I can keep up with the speed.

1 comment:

  1. That would make a purrrrrfect blanket for a cat or two if felted ;)

    ReplyDelete