2011/02/16

I'm Not Interested

January ended over two weeks ago and my January Aran is still work in process. I found pattern to adjust the sleeves, but haven't have an interest to knit the sleeves for more than 7-8cm.
Instead I've been crocheting with fellting yarn, and it has been very nice way to knitting down my stash, as it is fast. First I finished a bag I started in August, the pattern is in Novita Fall 2010 and only in Finnish. The bag took 665g of Novita Huopanen, yarn that is ment for fellting in washing machine. As my washing machine is not really good at fellting, instead of 40C I use 60C degrees wash, and with that I got nice results. 

Before Washing with 1,5l coke bottle
And after
 After the bag I decide to crochet some Granny squares from the rest of Huopanen-stash, and started it, but then I changed my plan and used two balls of yarn to make slipers for myself. I used yellow and orange yarn, one ball each.
Right and left foot

So far I have seven finished Granny squares and five that are just one row short. Unfortunately I had with me at last night only two used balls of yarn, when I would have had time to crochet for all night long, as we had very little work to do. I have no idea what I'll make of the Granny squares, but maybe I'll find it out tomorrow.
Odd granny squares ended up to become a blankie

1 comment:

  1. cute bag! It looks like a terry cloth towel, I've never seen that before in felting. cool! And if your slippers turn out that soft they'll be SUPER fun to wear!

    ReplyDelete